Artistry in Clay and Lime workshop
7-11th September - Penpynfarch, West Wales
Excited about Natural building? Enjoy being creative in nature?
Join us for an enriching, hands-on workshop where you'll dive into the wonderful world of natural plasters from an art and sculpture perspective. Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of wild West Wales while honing your skills and connecting with fellow creatives.
Learn. Explore. Create.
Expect to learn the fundamentals of working with cob, clay plaster and lime plaster in a sculptural and artistic way. We will have 4 days of hands-on immersive learning nestled in beautiful surroundings. We’ll be working together to create a large scale sculptural wall art piece in lime and clay plasters and you will also have the chance to create your own smaller piece of work to take home with you.
- Introduction to materials: Exploring clay and lime as binders, aggregates, fibres, and additives such as oils and casein.
- Creating suitable mixes: Learn to formulate sculptural mixes, fine finish mixes, colored plasters, and more for various outcomes.
- Pigments: Discover the sourcing and processing of natural earth pigments to use in your plaster projects.
- Relief sculpture in clay & lime plasters: Selecting and preparing your surface, designing and applying your sculpture, and mastering different sculpting techniques.
- Sgraffito: Carving through multiple layers of colored plaster to create vibrant and textured designs.
Fully Immersive Experience
- Nature Connection: Stay on-site at Penpynfarch, a beautiful forested valley in the heart of wild West Wales. Four nights of camping/live-in vehicle space are included, with other accommodation options available.
- Enjoy the odd optional morning yoga/stretch session, river dips, and woodland walks, connecting with nature and new friends.
- Communal healthy, simple and nutritious lunches and evening meals will be provided from Thursday to Sunday, as well as a goodbye lunch on Monday. Please bring your own breakfasts and snacks. Tea and coffee will be available, but feel free to bring your personal favorites.
Sample daily schedule
08.00-09.00 Movement/ breath/ yoga (led or self practice)
10.00-13.00 Morning session
14.00-16.00 Evening session
16.00- 18.00 Free time/ work on personal project
Arrive from 2pm on the 7th and we will be wrapping up after lunch on the 11th.
What to bring
Tools, PPE and materials are all provided but please bring with you clothes that you don't mind getting messy, everything you need to camp in Wales for 4 nights in September (if you are camping), instruments/ stories, curiosity, willingness to learn and a sense of adventure!
Four days of hands-on, fully immersive learning with four nights of accommodation (camping or glamping) and five meals: Earlybird price (when booked before July 21st) from £444-544 depending on accommodation choice.
Standard price (when booked after July 21st) £495-595 depending on accommodation choice.
To book please follow the "Sign up here!" link below and book via Dandelion, our chosen ticketing platform. Alternatively, drop me an email and I can send you a Google sign up form and you can pay via bank transfer or paypal.